The latest trend to grace clothing store racks and the streets is Victorian blouses, which feature high necklines, ruffled details, and puffy arm sleeves. The inspiration for the trend can be traced back to the 19th century but has found its way to present day. Check out these five pieces with a modern twist so you can sport the century-old silhouette.
5. Long sleeves might be too warm for today’s temperature so perhaps don one in shorter sleeves like this blush top from Zara.
Php 2,295.00 – Zara
4. Victorian tops don’t have to come in all-white. This floral printed and sheer one from Keepsake is fun and flirty!
3. Mango incorporated patterned crochet details into the traditional style, making it more youthful and modern to wear today.
Php 2,995.00 – Mango
2. This sheer woven top from Forever21 has pintuck pleats for a more casual take on the trend.
Php 1,200.00 – Forever21
1. Opt for one in a darker hue like this burgundy Topshop blouse so you can transition the look from day to night.
Php 2,632.12 – Topshop