Source: The Simplicity Blog
We all know that every girl needs a little black dress. The same goes for a white pair of sneakers. We love how we can pair white kicks with almost anything, but maintaining them can be quite a hassle. Here are six hacks to keep your sneakers blemish-free.
6. Scrub with baking soda to make it look brand new.
Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with half a tablespoon of water and half a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Brush your kicks with the mixture, and leave to dry for 30 minutes. Rinse.
5. Whip out some white nail polish and paint over it
Spot a scratch on your sneakers? Bring out white nail polish and paint over it.
4. Whatever you do, never throw your white sneakers into the washing machine
Just. Don’t. Unless you’re fine with your sneakers’ white rubber turning yellow.
3. Dry your shoes away from direct sunlight
Dry your sneakers away from the sun to prevent them from fading.
2. Use vinegar to spot clean stains
Dab a washcloth with vinegar and use it to remove blemishes on your shoes.
1. Let go of your laces
Hand-washing your laces can only do so much. If you think you’re ready to let go of them, do so. You’ll be surprised how a new set of white laces can change the way your sneakers look.